This recipe doesn’t need a sauce but our tomato sauce (without the oxo cube) with some extra pine nuts works a charm, or even just the left over butter from the pan is pretty delicious!
You will need:
- 2 large fillets of white fish (Tarakihi works best, but cod/hoki/snapper will work)
- Panko Crumbs (optional)
- Egg (Only if crumbing)
- Salt & pepper
- Frying pan
- Fish slice
- 3x bowls (one if not crumbing)
- Run a sink of warm, soapy water
- Add butter to frying pan with salt and pepper
- Pour flour into one bowl and stir in some salt, pepper and herbs
- Pour crumbs into another bowl (if crumbing)
- Whisk an egg in third bowl (if crumbing)
- Give your fillets a quick squizz to make sure they are bone free
- Dredge in flour, dip in egg, dredge in crumb, then place on a plate.
- Heat up frying pan to medium-high and place fillets in for 4 mins each side.
- Serve with mashed potato/kumara, veggie couscous or chips