Breakfast smoothies, perfect for when you do not feel like eating but know you really should. Very versatile, just throw in your favourite fruits and some protein powder into a blender and you have got yourself a tasty breakkie. Noisy but simple.
Frozen berries are an excellent addition as they add thickness to make it feel more substantial and the extra chill is perfect in summer. Bananas are also great thickeners and if you don’t like the taste, add berries, yoghurt or protein powders to mask it.
Blueberry and chocolate: – A pre-exam favourite.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (add more for a very thick smoothie)
- 2 ice cubes (optional)
- cup of milk (soy works surprisingly well in this)
- 1 serve chocolate protein powder. (can use normal cocoa powder for no protein)
Berry and banana:
- One banana, halved for easy blending
- 1 ice cube (optional)
- cup of milk
- 1 small pot of strawberry yoghurt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 serve protein powder