Another delicious breakfast from chef Andy.
Chef’s note: This recipe is really flexible. If you have left over veggies or anything lying around, feel free to add it for variety. If you don’t like kippers, try cooking a sausage or two, then chopping it into pieces to replace the kipper, or bacon pieces, or anything you like. It takes five to ten minutes to cook and is packed full of protein.
Really Easy Breakfast
- 2 kippers
- chopped onion
- egg – beaten
- microwave rice
- salt & pepper
You will need:
- 1x large frying pan & spatula
- bowl and fork/whisk
- chopping board & sharp knife
Method: (cook time: 5-10 mins)
- Cook kippers lightly, remove from heat, break into little bits
- Finely chop onion, fry off in pan until soft
- While rice cooks, microwave rice, 1 portion per person
- Add rice, peas and kippers to pan, add parsley
- Add a beaten egg, season with salt & pepper.
- Serve when egg is cooked through