- 4 tbsp Tomato paste
- Can of tomatoes (not needed for Shepherd’s pie)
- 1tbsp American mustard
- 2tbsp BBQ sauce
- Crumbled Oxo cube (for Shepherd’s pie, I add cube to hot water)
- Half a cup of water if it’s getting goopy
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Italian herbs/paprika
- Dash of oil
- Heat oil, salt, pepper & seasoning in large frying pan. (Medium heat)
- Add tomato paste and stir rapidly
- Add can of tomatoes (or boiling water with oxo cube) and stir
- Add mustard and bbq sauce and stir until well blended
- Crumble in an Oxo cube (ignore if you already used Oxo in step 3)
- Simmer and stir until it is a nice thick sauce, packed with flavour.
It’s great with meatballs as the sauce picks up that gorgeous meatball flavour and gets little chunks of meatballs, too!