Now this meal looks and tastes fancy but it is actually very straightforward. It does take about 45 minutes but there is a lot of variation, not just stirring a pan for half an hour!
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied follow steps 1 and 2 on this guide to butterfly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 250g streaky bacon (you may need more if your breasts are large)
- 150g couscous
- 1/2 bag mixed vegetables (Watties mixed vegetables/antioxidant mix)
- 1 tbsp butter/ cooking oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
You will need:
- medium frying pan and spatula
- Sharp knife and chopping board
- 2 bowls and 2 spoons
- mixing bowl and fork
- cover plate
- sink with warm, soapy water for washing hands after handling raw meat
Method: (prep time 15 mins. Cook time 30)
- Preheat oven fan bake to 200 degrees.
- Dice tomato and set aside.
- Slice avocado in half, twist to open, spoon flesh into a bowl and mash.
- Once smooth, add tomato, salt and pepper and stir well. (Simple guacamole!)
- Next, butterfly your chicken, open out and spoon your guacamole onto each piece.
- Using a different spoon (to avoid contamination), spread guacamole evenly.
- Gently roll the chicken up and wrap strips of bacon around each roll.
– Wrap across the chicken, so the bacon wraps where you could see the roll/guacamole.
– Gently pick up the chicken to wrap the bacon underneath. This gets easier.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 mins.
- While the chicken cooks, boil kettle and melt butter, salt and pepper in frying pan.
- Pour couscous and boiled water into a bowl, stir through 2tsp cumin, cover. (8 mins)
- Add veges to frying pan on medium heat and stir until golden brown. (10-15 mins)
- Flake up couscous and add to mixing bowl with cooked veges. Stir through and cover.
- Wash up while you wait for the chicken.
- Once chicken has cooked, take out of oven and let rest while you serve couscous.
- Place chicken on top of couscous on each plate.