My mum used to make this all the time and it just reminds me of summer. This is a perfect accompaniment to frittata, quiche and a winner at a barbecue.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- handful of raisins/sultanas (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice (usually half a lemon)
- 150g couscous
You will need:
- Large serving bowl
- smaller bowl with cover plate
- sharp knife
- Boil kettle and pour boiling water over couscous so that it is just submerged.
- Add lemon juice, gently stir through and cover with plate.
- Slice bananas thinly and set aside with sultanas.
- When couscous has soaked up all the water (approx 8-10 mins), fluff up with a fork.
- Add fluffed couscous to serving bowl and stir in banana and sultanas.